Thursday, May 26, 2011

Emotions

The task we were asked to complete was to create portraits that showed emotions. As it is a single image it can be quite tricky to show emotions through the images. After awhile we discovered that it was quite easy to produce evil emotions but particular hard to create more complex emotions, such as joy, cheerfulness etc.

My images from the session



With these images i tried to represent anger and despise. The main idea behind showing these emotions was to show Ellory sneaking up and killing Wayne. I wanted to show Ell in quite an evil way and to do this i decided it would be best to have the lighting coming from quite low and pointing up at her. it was meant to try and create dark shadows on her and give her a bit of an serial killer look but i don't feel that it was quite successful in this. I also used a second light, a softbox, to light up the side of Wayne's face and i feel that this light was successful in its purpose.

On the whole I'm not too happy with these images. If you look at the second image in the bottom left-hand corner the part of Ell's body that is there is completely blown out and you can't see any detail there. This also occurs in the top image but not as bad. I feel that these images don't really convey the emotion that i intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment